Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Green Rice


I saw it on a Marathi Program, “Aamhi Sare Khavayye” and I tried it, it tasted nice and spicy, here’s the recipe for all!!

Recipe serves 2
2 to 3 handful rice
1 to 1 ½ tbspn. Oil or ghee (whatever you like)
7 to 8 tbspn. Finely chopped coriander
3 to 4 pods garlic finely chopped
1/4” ginger finely chopped
2 to 3 green chilies finely chopped
½ tspn. Fennel seeds
Salt to taste

Method
Wash rice nicely. Add 1 ½ cp of water and ½ tbspn. Ghee to it. Set in the pressure cooker for cooking. After 3 whistles switch off the flame. Be careful the rice should be cooked soft yet not too soggy. Keep aside.
Grind together, coriander, garlic, ginger, chilies, and fennel seeds, salt till a fine paste is ready. Immediately sauté the paste on oil/ghee for a minute, add rice and mix it well. You can increase the amount of coriander to make your rice rich in colour. I fell short of coriander, so I couldn’t get that green colour to my rice, but the taste was awesome!
Serve it with hot daal!
I had bought ready made chicken nuggets so I fried them for some crunchiness in the meal.

1 comment:

notyet100 said...

hey first time on ur blog,..this looks nice...